Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Buys: 90s





I went shopping Saturday only knowing that I needed more summer things and with no plan besides that. It wasn't until I was home that I realized that everything I bought was 90s inspired. Come to think of that, the stores I went to all had a 90s vibe and I have also noticed this decade's style in recent magazine like Teen Vogue ("Spin City"). And I may be a little ahead of myself, but I have a good feeling that clothing from this era will be a new fashion craze very soon.
I personally love the simple freedom that 90s clothing offers. Examples of such clothing are lace shorts, oversize cropped sweaters, boxy floral dresses, chain bags, hair scrunchies and cute clips, army green, tennis shoes, and denim galore. It wasn't long ago that I was a ten year old growing up in the 90s watching "Boy Meets World" and "Full House", going to the roller skating rink and licking ring pops....so I'm really psyched that these inspirations are all coming back into style. With summer upon us, 90s style is perfect for hanging out with friends and walking the boardwalk. And although tights biker shorts under baggy denim shorts and other 90s pairings may take awhile to hit mainstream fashion, I will standby it and rock these looks all summer long! Who says we can't revisit our childhood ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment