Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2010 Creative Arts Emmys: HITS and MISSES

MISSES


Kate Linder-You have to admit, for someone her age, Kate does have a nice figure. But she does her fab bod no service by wearing that tacky dress. The dress give her no shape, is too short, and is WAY over accessories with cheap looking jewels. Even though her bag and neck collar adds a something unique, I still feel no love for this look.

Lily Tomlin-Why on earth would anyone wear a long sleeve thick black gown to a summery event is beyond me. I don't care how old Ms.Tomlin is, she should at least show some skin or add some sparkle to a Emmy dress. Her look makes me feel depressed:(

Soyan An-For someone who designs for a living (SYTYCD, American Idol), you would think she'd know who to dress herself. Unfortunately in this case, Soyan's dress is ill fitting, poorly styles, and looks like a bad craft project. I know this is harsh but come on! A designer should know what look good, and this tacky ballerina meets Victorian doll monastery doesn't cut it.

ON THE FENCE


Mel B.-This former Spice Girl and new reality show star has such a rockin body and she definitely shows it off nicely in this fitted black leather mini. The only thing that really bugs me is how she styles her look. I really dislike the housewife hair thing she has going on. She should have worn in down and wavy. Also the accessories don't work either. You can't tell in this pic, but she has doorknocker earrings on that just weigh her look down. And her clutch should've been a bright pop of color.

Jane Lynch-I give Jane (aka Sue Sylvester on Glee) props for at least trying this time around to look good on the red carpet. While her dress looks like a tinfoil lacy ice skater ensemble, it does show off her curves. Her hair and makeup is very simple and pretty, which suits this comedy actress well. Over all it's a good effort, and beats her character's tracksuits any day!

Christina Hendricks-I absolutely adore Christina and her curvaceous red carpet looks. She always look exceptional and so much like an old Hollywood actress. And she certainly does so again wearing my fav Project Runway Designer, Christian Siriano, and glamming it up with retro curls and bold lips. I just wish that this dress was made with a lighter fabric and in a different color, like a nice fuchsia or navy blue. On such a beautiful summer day, this gown must of been so hot.


HITS


Stana Katic-Although I don't know much about this star, I do know that I love her red carpet Emmy look. She was the only one who looked high fashion and trendy. I adore this flutter sleeve dress, its whimsical ruffle details, and its creamy white color. Her wispy free flowing hair and simple sultry makeup just bring this a-list look together. My eye is on this actress from now on.

Mary Kay Place-Some people may not like this causal short look, but for me personally I think it shows that she has style. The olive green color is so trendy right now, and I love how it looks like a two-piece dress. Her glossy cropped hair, simple makeup, and gold accessories add an element of chicness as well. So perfect for a summer red carpet event and so perfect for her age and body type. Well Done!

Miranda Cosgrove-Everything about this look I love! Miranda has such a petite frame, so a short fun mini like this is ideal for her and her age. The shimmer of her dress is light and whimsical without seeming too princessy and Disney; something stars her age should take note of. I also like that she kept her hair straight and easy and that her clutch brought out the sparkle in her dress. And look at those awesome heels! J'Adore head to toe:)


(photos: people.com; emmy.com)

2 comments: