Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmys Red Carpet 2011



Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein: 10/10



For once I am in love with what Katie is wearing. Usually there is always one item in her look that doesn't work, but this Calvin dress is simple and beautiful. The neckline cut and color is just so delicious. Love




Lea Michelle in Marchesa: 5/10



It's either hit or miss with Lea's red-carpet style. This time it's a definite miss. Red is very overdone, but that is not the bad part. I'm a Marchesa fan, but the top half of this gown is ill fitting and engulfs her. I wish her hair was in a nice up-do or there was some stand-out jewelry.




Claire Danes in Oscar de la Renta: 12/10



Claire gets extra points for choosing an unexpected gown for this red carpet. In a night of many shimmering sequin dresses, this shiny one stands out for its unique patchwork pattern and mix of different blue hues. Simple hair and accessories complete a wonderful look. What else can we expect from Claire but perfection?




Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan: 20/10

Nina is by far my favorite at the Emmys! Normally I tend to dislike red on the red carpet, but Nina brings star power to an overdone color. The dress is perfectly fitted, the train is stunning and that luxurious necklace tops it off wonderfully. She blew everyone out of the water.




Sarah Hyland in Christian Siriano: 8/10

Sarah is almost perfection in this pink confection. I do love the rich pink color and the waist clinching belt, but I'm not a fan off matchy matchy shoes. Also her hair seem more prom than Emmys. But overall she looks adorably cute.




Julia Stiles in Georges Hokeika: 10/10



Julia always goes for simple modern looks, and tonight was no different. The dress is fit perfectly and I adore the slight shimmer appeal, not to mention the dusty blue hue. She can do no wrong in my opinion.




Gwyneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci: 2/10



Gwyneth what happened?! The lace is nice and so is the cap sleeves, but a midriff? It's not appropriate at all for the Emmys let alone someone older than thirty. Strike one for Gwyneth.



Anna Faris: 15/10


Give me a gold dress, a Grecian mix with tribal pattern appeal, and Anna Faris and I'm sold. She just looks so stunning.




Emily Blunt in Elie Saab: 10/10




You can never go wrong with Elie Saab on the red carpet. Emily pulls off this navy intricately detailed textured gown perfectly. And with that deep v-neckline, up swept hair is the right choice. Well done.






Elisabeth Moss in Marchesa: 12/10

Now here is Marchesa done right. That cream color on Elisabeth's pale skin in wonderful. I also adore the branching effect of sequins up and down the bodice and acting as faux sleeves.




Olivia Munn: 5/10




Emerald green is an up and coming trend, especially seen alot on Spring 2012 runways these past 2 weeks. But sadly this emerald green dress doesn't do anything for me. I don't understand the stripes up the front. Or are they wrinkles in the gown? The only thing working for me is her beautifully wavy crop cut.



Kerry Washington: 8/10




I'm on the fence about this look. I like the fringy skirt and shimmer effect of the dress, but I wish it was in a different color. A dark hue like navy or plum would look so much better! Her hair looks a little deflated as well.



Julianna Margulies: 3/10




I like that she was going for the whole Snow White look with the dark hair, rosy skin and white white gown. But satin? It's very hard to pull satin off, let alone a pure white shiny column gown.
And don't even get me started on the weird holey details on the bodice. I just don't get it.





Aubrey Plaza: 20/10




This is my second favorite look tonight besides Nina. I absolutely love this look head to toe! The halter neck is perfection and I love the way it flows at the bottom. Beautiful hair and red lips complete this fabulous look. This is white done right!



Brooke Burke: 15/10




I love this look mainly for the barney purple color. It's a breath of fresh air on a red carpet full of the usual sequins and red. The mile high hair is another story however.


(photos: people.com)

1 comment:

  1. Some beautiful dresses, I particularly like Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein.
    I agree with all of your reviewing though, sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete