Friday, November 19, 2010

Carrie's Crazy Changes







Let me start off by saying how much I love Carrie Underwood. She's an amazing singer, musician, humanitarian, and all around great human being who deserves the wonderful fame she has gotten. So of course I was thrilled to get to go to her "Play On" tour this past Tuesday. Just as much as her singing, I was amazed by her many many costume changes. I break them down below:

Look 1: Silver military inspired coat with train, black sparkly skinny pants, embellished heels, and a necktie jeweled necklace. I was surprised to see Carrie in such a daring and strong look. But over-the-top tackiness aside, it was great first concert look. Just not for real life haha.



Look 2: Silver corset top with fringe, pink tulle ballroom skirt. It was perfect for princess Carrie and definitely stood out. However the silver fringe top didn't quite go well with the puffy skirt. Overall it worked though because she wore it while sitting on a huge rope swing, so the effect was neat.

Look 3: same sparkly pants, same corset fringe top, metallic heels. I love how she could change quickly from the previous looks into this one. The top goes better with the sexy skinnies.

Look 4: blue and black sequin dress with black leggings. I like the idea of this look but it doesn't work completely. The weird sequin fringe doesn't make sense. At first I was wondering why she was wearing leggings when the dress would look better without them. But then I realized that because she was riding in a car above the audience, she didn't want to flash everybody ahaha. I think it's fun, just not quite perfect.

Look 5: Light up ballgown dress. Omg, I can't even criticize this look because the effect of it was just so cool! It lit up like an LCD screen and changed colors with the song she was singing. She just stood there like a magical doll in this look. Pure awesome:)

Look 6: Lavender draped gown. I absolutely loved this look. It was so regal and beautiful on Carrie and really made her shine instead of the outfit shining more. Her hair color went so great with the lavender hue. Simple yet stunning.

Look 7: Lavender draped mini. This was the same look as before, but without the long skirt. Now the simple gown turned into a sexy minidress and I adore it. It showed Carrie's playful and fun side as she danced around stage. And with amazing toned legs like she has, who wouldn't want to show them off?

Look 8: silver sequin short, blue sequin jacket, striped sequin tank, white flower headpiece. Overall I really didn't get this look. Too much was going on and it seemed like many styles in one. You had the military trend, the boho flower, the glamorous sequins....overkill. On the plus side, it showed off her amazing legs again. But hey this is a concert, so what do you except?!

No comments:

Post a Comment