Sunday, November 21, 2010

AMA's: Style Awards


"What Happened?! Award: The title says it all. I didn't even recognize Katy Perry at first. Yes her look is very nice, but it doesn't suit her flamboyant personality at all. It's like marriage has sucked the life out of her. There is no color, no shine, no pizazz whatsoever. I mean I usually don't like Katy's crazy style , but at least it stood out. This is just so disappointing.


"Nice But Lacking Award": Like Katy Perry before her, Pink doesn't look like herself. I dislike the grandma colored hair and the lackluster dress. The dress does give her a nice shape and even though it's black, its still too "demure" for Pink. I can't fault her completely because she is trying to conceal her baby bump, but I've seen better maternity gowns than this. I love when she wears such strong rock and roll outfits, and this isn't it.



"Trying Too Hard Award": Don't even get me started on this family. I totally respect Will Smith, but I just think he shouldn't be pushing his daughter into fashion and fame so quickly. Yes her new single is topping every chart, but her looks always scream, "give me attention" not "take me seriously". It's Halloween everyday for this family apparently. Jaden, the most Conservative in this picture, even is way over the top. Jada looks like a mid evil warrior princess and her dress is too tight on her chest. And poor Willow looks like a space alien in pirate boots. Soo wrong overall.


"Best of the Night Awards": Mandy Moore and Whitney Port had my tow favorite looks on the red carpet.Mandy matched her dress with the perfect pair of nude heels, looking simple yet chic. And Whitney looked so regal in his draped dress and great accessories. This is one of the first Whitney looks that I actually like. Even her hair and makeup is perfection. It's kinda funny that the two people can aren't considered "rock stars", rocked the American Music Awards.


"On the Fence Award": I can't decide whether I like this look on Fergie or not. Personally I am not a fan of the dress, but it looks stunning on Fergie's amazing body and suits her personality. I don't like the blue and the black together and I think the sleeves look wrong, but otherwise it's an okay look. Boring shoes though:(


"Almost There Award": Oh man, she was so close! I love this Marchesa mini dress on Miley but the train is just so unnecessary and looks over thought. Her hair looks nice for once and doesn't have crazy unkempt extensions. Overall she looks mature and sophisticated and not like she's trying to be something she's not. Props Miley.


"Right Dress, Wrong Hair Award": I love this sheer applique Elie Saab Haute Couture dress on Rihanna but it's color is too old and dull for my taste. I dislike how she matched her hair with the dress. It seems like she dyed her hair darker, which I am unsure if I like or not. I also can't stand those curls; it's too Dian Ross and Whitney Houston for Rihanna's youthful vibe. Not a perfect look by any means.

"Head Turner Award": Taylor Swift surprised everyone by wearing her hair straight. And I must say that I absolutely love it! She looks so mature and dare I say sexy in this sparkly number. The girl does like shine and silver, and she definitely stood by that tonight. I keep thinking of Taylor as this young teenager and thought it was kinda creepy that she was dating Jake, but in this look, I am kinda alright with that now. Love!

(Photos: people.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment