Thursday, July 8, 2010

Couture Coverage: Fall 2010

It was in the details during the Couture fashion shows. Everything from luxurious fabrics, to over-the-top accents, to TDF shoes rocked the catwalk. Here are some looks from my favorite shows:
VALENTINO


Bows, feathers and wispy flower details were everywhere in this collection. I adored the drop waist party dresses and the bow kitten heels. It looks like pointy shoe heels are finally making a comeback! Even the gloves the models wore had bow accents:).

CHANEL

While I'm not a huge fan of Chanel's clothes (they're just not my style), I loved the accessories and metallic shine in this show. Signature pieces like pencil skirt suits and jackets of course made the runway, but they were reinvented and made more modern. I liked how the boots came in different styles and matched the outfits. Very high class and glamorous; what else would you expect from Chanel??

ELIE SAAB


OMG I absolutely fell in love with this collection! Elie Saab is one of my favorite designers to begin with, but he topped his games this time with amazing gowns that should be hitting the red carpets to come. All the jeweled details, airiness and great shapes in the dresses would make any woman look and feel beautiful. I can't wait to see which celeb wears one of these pieces first!

ARMANI PRIVE


I classify this collection as the 70s glamour girl. I loved the wood accessories and hard structured bags (very classic). All the models who weren't already blond wore blond wigs, styled in a glossy side swept way. The colors were very luscious and rich which made the whole collection seem prestigious and expensive (which it of course is!).

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER


In true Jean Paul fashion, his collection featured his infamous cone shapes and over the top style. It had a very old time elegance about the whole thing, featuring sixties makeup, silk turbans, dark moody garments, and parlor room feels. I loved how the show ended with the bride model playing the violin....very much a signature twist:)
CHRISTIAN DIOR


This collection was BY FAR my ultimate favorite. Being an avid flower lover, I lusted over all the bright colors, voluminous petal dresses, and whimsical hair and makeup. The whole thing reminded me of the scene in "Alice in Wonderland" where she meets all the talking flowers. For me the models were these visionary flowers, gorgeous and naturally elegant. And I must say, if I had a pair of those strappy vine like heels, I think I might be set for life!
(photos: style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment