Saturday, July 3, 2010

Spotlight: Tiffany Glass

This past week in Richmond I visited the "Tiffany: Color and Light" exhibition at the Fine Arts Museum. Now I only thought of Tiffany as the famed jewelery store in Manhattan that was known for their adorable teal boxes and beautiful engagement rings. So I went to into the gallery thinking I was going to see necklaces, rings and bracelets.
But instead I found rooms and rooms of gorgeous glass work. Tiffany & Co started out as Tiffany Glass designed and created by the great artist Louis Comfort Tiffany in the early 20th century. Boy was it amazing to see all the delicate glass bowls, illuminated lamps, and floor to ceiling stained glass windows.
Just the elaborate history and beauty of it all inspired me in so many ways. Hence this post. Using such Tiffany signatures as watercolor, sheerness, light, vibrant color, gold details, flower designs and shiny materials, I created a collage of my favorite pieces.
(photos: shopstyle.com; vmfa.state.va.us; tiffany.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment