Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Buys: Baltimore Bargains





So I went to the Inner Harbor today for a nice day trip with my mommom and youngest sister, Kira. Of course shopping was on my mind as soon as we got there, especially after I spotted the awesome Urbanoutfitters and The Gallery Shopping Mall across the street. After sightseeing, riding the water taxi and walking around Fell's Point, we finally ended the hot day by indulging in some good old bargain hunting.
First stop was the UO which had a pretty good sale section that included prices as low as 10 bucks (which is decent considering its UO). I spent an hour searching and deliberating until I decided on two items: a lovely 50's inspired swing skirt by Urban Renewal and a rainbow speckled scarf. This all totaled under $20 dollars! Even the saleslady congratulated me on my great finds. So far so good...
Next we went to The Gallery next door, a four story shopping complex. It must have been sales day or something cause every store had major markdowns. So what started out as a quick window shopping venture quickly turned into a serious deal finding adventure. Knowing that I needed more interesting shoes in my wardrobe I got a pair of brown laceup heels from Aldo (which they are shipping to me since my size wasn't in stock), and an amazing pair of LelaRose navy maryjane wedgeels (wedge/heel) from Payless. I even scored a matching LelaRose handbag for only 11 bucks.
So my day was a great success: I had a good time with the family, prevailed after almost getting lost in Baltimore's confusing streets, and made off with awesome buys totaling only 70 dollars! Can't wait to pair these new items with my growing closet:)
(brown heel pic: aldoshoes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment