Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Trend Setters of 2010

"Vintage Queen"- One half of the sister stylista duo, Ashley Olsen has a wardrobe one would kill for. She always manages to look pulled together underneath all her fabulous vintage and designer duds. Unlike Mary-Kate (who has great style as well), Ashley is much more sophisticated when taking fashion risks.

"Simple Sophisticate"- Already one of my Style Stars, Carey Mulligan is fast on the rise in both her acting career and her red carpet style. She never over complicates what she wears which is something I admire. A fan of Prada and Chanel, Carey keeps it fashion forward and tasteful at the same time.

"True Beauty"- Although Anne works with Rachel Zoe on her fabulous red carpet looks, she makes the clothing all her own. Her lovely personality shines through in whatever she is wearing. I like how she changes her style up and can pull off every look with grace. She has truly blossomed into a style star this year.


"Mix Master"- Rihanna has been a trend setter ever since she hit the big time several years ago. I love that she is unique in her style choices, always surprising us with interesting (in a good way) ensembles. With a voice and charisma like hers, Rihanna can do no wrong in my eyes. I only wish I could pull off her looks half as well as she does!


"Flirty and Flawless"- Zoe Saldana has been on my radar ever since I saw the movie "Centerstage". She is undeniably beautiful and carries that through in her outfits. Her looks are always perfectly styled and they never look the same. She tends to wear stunning leg-revealing frocks, and with her dancer physique, who can blame her?


"City Chic"- Olivia Palermo may not be my favorite reality TV star, but I can't deny that she has amazing fashion sense. Being a NYC socialite and friend of many a designer, Olivia manages to mix high and low priced fashion to create a chic and unique look. Now the face of the clothing retailer, Mango, she continues to be one of my favorite stylistas to watch. Even if I really can't stand her haha.


"Hopeless Romantic"- Keira Knightly is on the top of my list when it comes to actresses. I have watched and loved every movie that she has been in. And like most of the characters she plays, Keira's style is very romantic and whimsical. She tends to wear cutting edge designs that most stars can't pull off. With her British ease and captivating smile, Kiera is a breathe of fresh air on any red carpet.


"Cool Contemporary"- Kate Bosworth is not much known for her acting as she is for her great red carpet and street style. She wears everything from upcoming designers to inexpensive clothing from TopShop. I look forward to seeing what she wears next and I aspire to style my own ensembles as she does. New and always exciting, Kate is one to watch.


"Ladylike"- Eva Mendes may be known for her curves and high profile movie roles, but I notice her for her demure lustworthy wardrobe. She doesn't try to be sexy because she already knows that she is. So by wearing such classy designs as Oscar de la Renta and Dior, Eva leaves a little mystery. I am a huge fan of her full skirted, floral and floor length ballgown looks. She seems to appreciate fashion and brings refinement to an industry that is lacking in that department.


"Shining Star"- Emma Roberts, niece of Julia Roberts, has finally come out of her aunt's shadow with her top notch fashion looks. She wears a lot of sparkly dresses, free flowing gowns and, on her days off, has a edgier street sense of style. Unlike some teenage stars (cough cough Taylor Momsen), Emma is always pulled together. She dresses her age but also makes mature styling choices.
(photos: people.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment