Sunday, January 16, 2011

Award Show Season: Golden Globes 2011

PART 2

"Flower Child Award"- Michelle Williams had one of my favorite red carpet styles and in this lovely Valentino gown she doesn't disappoint. I know many people won't like this look saying its too simple, but I think she looks so poised and comfortable. The color is unexpected and the whole outfit works well with her now famous pixie cut.
"Most Chic Award"- Nicole Kidman is with out a doubt one of the most beautiful woman in Hollywood so whatever she wears doesn't really matter. But in this white Prada gown she just looks stunning. I love the bow detail at the waist and how simple yet sophisticated the whole look is. And yay she's a red head again!

"Best Draping Award"- Lea Michelle as we know loves her Oscar de la Renta gowns and this time she sticks to her comfort zone. Yet even still she manages to out do herself. The volume and draping of the skirt, the fun youthful color and her wavy easygoing updo make Lea stand out among a red carpet full of veterans. Good job!
"Best Mom-to-be Award"- First let me say how excited I am that Natalie won Best Actress. She is also a winner when it comes to her red carpet look. Wearing Viktor & Rolf, Natalie glows with beauty. The rose detail accents her growing tummy wonderfully and her Stella McCartney red heels match perfectly. Her hair isn't quite right but that doesn't matter.

"Most Sexy"- Mila Kunis always manages to work every outfit she is wearing. This amazing emerald green gown hugs her petite body wonderfully and goes so well with her dark up swept hair. I am a huge fan of Mila ever since That 70's Show so I am anxious to see what she does next!
"Most Consistent Award"- Mandy Moore has been on a roll lately. This stunning Monique Lhuillier gown does wonders for her body. The color is spot on and I adore the tulle layering around the neck. Simple hair and lovely jewelry complete another beautiful look.



"Most unexpected Award"- Green seems to be the color of choice last night. I usually never like what Catherine Zeta Jones is wearing but she surprised me this time in a jaw dropping Monique Lhuillier volumized ball gown. She looks like royalty and all I can say is wow!
"Most Trendy Award"- Heidi Klum always brings fun and color to every red carpet and in this 70's inspired Marc Jacobs dress, she does just that. Most won't agree with me but I love the fact that her look is so different and playful. Her hair and makeup needs work though.


"Best Sparkle Award"- I think Olivia Wilde's Marchesa dress could be seen from space it's so big and sparkly. But I love it! The dark brown color is so unique and her easy going hair doesn't compete with the boldness of her gown. She could probably fit 10 people under that thing. Way to make a great statement!
"Know What She Likes Award"- Even though Amy Adams always seems to go for this dress shape, I say who cares. She looks absolutely beautiful and the color is perfect for her pale complexion. The laser cut detail of this Marchesa gown is new yet timeless. I just wish she would do something different with her hair.

(photos: people.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment