Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teen Choice Awards 2011: Red Carpet Score Board


Tyra Banks: 0/10

2 words: No Comment


Kim K: 2/10

Kim needs to realize that she's in her thirties now and soon to be married woman. So there is no need to dress like you're three at her age. The mini feather skirt was in trend for like 2 seconds 2 years ago, plus the unflattering halter top is just confusing. Love the pointy toes though (dislike that they're black).


Zooey Deschanel: 3/10

Don't even know what to say. First off I love Zooey (can't wait for her new show!), and I totally
understand her quirky cute style sense, but this outfit is just soooo boring. A mumsy dress to a hip awards show what? And those god awful shoes (I think they're Miu Miu..), make her feet look like hoofs.



Selena Gomez: 4/10

This is so sad for me because I usually really like what Selena wears. But her look tonight just didn't go together at all. The dress looks cheap and the mix match of similar colors (what color is that even?) is weird. I like that she added a pop of purple with her clutch but it far from saves this outfit. And don't even get me started on those Bakers ish heels.



Rachel Bilson: 5/10

Okay let me begin by saying everyone has there off days. Even a stylish star like Rachel (one of my style icons in fact) mess it up every once in a while. The pretty-ness of the white frock doesn't pair well with the spiked nude booties. There needed some sort of color somewhere. This look had no vision behind it. But at least she finally styled her hair ha


Ashley Greene: 5/10

Proportions is one of the most important aspects of styling a stunning outfit, and that's where Ashley went wrong tonight. The length of the white top (is that a top?) doesn't flatter her hip area and the pencil skirt is both boring and very "out" in the fashion world. I get that she was probably going for the whole "minimalistic" approach, but it looks more "secretary at a meeting" to me. This is an awards show for Pete's sake.



Demi Lavato: 6/10

Yes Demi does look a whole lot better than she has in years, but at some point you just have to put the tanning spray down. The citrus colors make her almost orange skin tone stand out even more. Plus the Miss America hair is way too New Jersey Housewife for my taste. That being said, I do love the lace dress and coordinating bright pumps.


Nikki Reed: 7/10

I actually think Nikki looks better than ever in this boho inspired 70's printed dress. Typically her red carpet looks are quite boring and uninspired but this draped maxi is perfect for her olive skin tone and build. Great hair as well. The only thing though is that she kind of looks more suited for a Hampton's beach party than a LA awards show.


Zoe Saldana: 8/10

Love Zoe! But I loved her slightly (only slightly) less tonight. I'm not a fan of mixing metallics so the silverish dress and the gold pumps threw me off. BUT, I adore the length and the style of the dress and the fun belt. Also her hair is perfectly done as usual. Being one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood seems to have it perks.


Taylor Swift: 9/10

Taylor has a formula that she's perfected to the tee: sparkly, white, red lip, floral and flouncy is her motto. And I'm still buying it. People may say she's one note (which I agree with pertaining to her music!), but her style is flawless IMO. I love the a-line skirt and slight crystal detail in the belt. Simple and stunning.


Kaley Cuoco: 10/10

Love this head to toe! Kaley is the dark horse in red carpet fashion. People don't realize it, but she has such great taste when it comes to dressing to the nines. I would totally wear this dress, and I love how simply elegant yet trendy it is with all the tiers. Amazing hair and perfect makeup make this host stake her ground for sure.



Fergie: 15/10

Okay, most folks may not understand Fergie crazy wacky style but I happen to love it. She always changes her look up and delightfully surprises me every red carpet event. Her killer legs are showcased in this quirky D&G star mini (who says you can't wear a mini past 30?). She was one of the only stars (no pun intended) who had fun with their ensemble. Pointy toes (my current shoe weakness) and tamed hair complete this stunning look.


Blake Lively: 20/10

Leo or no Leo, Blake is one fashion powerhouse. Looking regal beyond her youthful years, Blake stuns once again in this delightful orange dress and leopard printed pointy toe heels (a trend it seems tonight). The mix of color and print is spot on (again, no pun intended haha), and her shiny hair is divine. She is my front runner as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment