Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cannes Film Festival 2011- Part III



Clemence Posey


-Pale blue dress- 10/10 (Some might call this oversize, but I love the drapey silhouette, the simple hair and the darker shoe)



Elizabeth Olsen


-White lace The Row dress- 20/10 (Elizabeth is an upcoming style star and this look is perfect for the breezy feel of Cannes. The cute strappy sandals ground the look wonderfully)




The White Reigns On


-Delphine Chaneac: 9/10 (this is almost perfect, except I dislike the straps. It should have been strapless. Love the red lip and matching red pump!)
-Astrid Berges in Chanel: 8/10 (I adore the shape of this Chanel dress, but her shoe color is off and her hair needs to be up)


Holy Jumpsuit


-Axelle Laffont: 5/10 (Okay I love me a good jumpsuit, but the print is too tacky and the front too low for my taste. I do give her props for keeping the styling simple though)

-Paz Vega Reuters in Azzaro: 3/10 (This look is too much of a "cute" overkill. The bow, the sparkly collar, the flower shoe, the bouncy curls...Plus not an inch of skin to be seen. This is Cannes you know)


Karolina Kurkova


-Black Chanel mini: 10/10 (Most would hate this Gothic look, but I think if anyone can pull it off its Karolina. The styling is amazing and even though it's black, it still seems like a good fit for Cannes)


The Pirates


-Penelope Cruz in Marchesa: 9/10 (Love love love the dress. Such a stunner on Penelope and the color is great. Hate hate hate the hair though. The fake bangs need to go)

-Penelope in Stella McCartney: 6/10 (Again I love the deep blue color but I dislike the shape of the dress and how it cuts off her top half so oddly. Adore the satin pumps and straight hair however!)

-Johnny Depp: priceless



Foreign Lovelies



-Sonam Kapoor in Jean Paul Gaultier: 15/10 (This gown is so striking! The double skirt (one fitted white and one sheer) with the hips and shoulder detail. This is red carpet glamour)

-Gianna Jun in Ralph Lauren: 10/10 (In an industry with so many beautiful Asian celebrities, Gianna stand out for her understated glamour. Most of her peers tend to choose over the top couture looks, but I love how she kept it pretty and simple. Kudos!)


(Photos: fashion.telegraph.co.uk )

1 comment:

  1. Sonam Kapoor as always Gorgeous! I just love her!

    ReplyDelete